Thursday, October 9, 2008

School Vs College

Since I had served as a Teacher for the Higher Secondary Students and as a Lecturer for the College Students, i think i have the experience to write such a post.

Well, the Factors that i consider while comparing these two Categories
were Mode of Study, Behavior, Dress Code and Punctuality.

School:

Usually i will be free on Saturdays, So i planned to take classes for Higher Secondary students. The first week i went to the School ( Government School) just with a Pen in my Bike. When i entered into the Campus of the School itself, Some Students Raised their hands and Saluted me. I was totally Surprised of this attitude because even i too didn't do like that during my school days. When i entered into the Class room all Got up and Wished me. I was so Impressed on that and Said " Please be Seated".. These are the Words i used first as a Teacher. But being Tamil Medium Students They Stood as such. I understood their Lack of English Knowledge , so i Continued " Utkaarunkappa".. Now they Sat with Silence.
All 56 people are present.

Next, All came in Uniforms. Neatly Combed Hairs, Books and Note Books. Till, i finished the class no one opened his mouth. They Sit like a Statue. I confirmed myself that they didn't understand anything from my Teaching nu. Later, I explained the Concepts again and now Somewhat satisfied with it. Again, after the Class is over, they stood up and Said " Nanri iyya".

College :

My first Experience of Lecturer post is on 21.08.08. When i entered the Classroom, no one Stood up. Shocking !!!! Each one came in Different Dresses. I know that college life will be similar to this because i too finished my Graduation Recently. I saw only a Few members were present inside the Classroom.Fine.. I started to take attendance. " Roll no 1".. Silence Everywhere...Again i Asked them " Who is Roll no 1". One Boy Raised his hand. I thought that he is Roll no 1. nu... So i marked Roll.no 1 as present. But after few seconds he said " Sir, i am the Class rep.. Roll. no 1 is absent "nu.. My Log book Markings Started with Scribbling. Cha... These Fellows are really Half Minded.

All with different Hair Styles, if i ask them , they say " Fashion Sir"... More talkative during Class hours.. and will say " Yes sir, we understand everything", even though they understand nothing ...

Now i am thinking, School People are thousand times better than College Students .... What u think?????

Post ur Comments..........

3 comments:

Mathi said...

Hi nice experience sankar.. nice post.. ne express ah class eduthurupa athan school students onum solala, college students understood solitanga!! :P

sush pennin(g) thoughts said...

hey namba padichedu apec palikoodam so.dnt expect other colleges 2 be like us....city pakam vanda na..dey wnt respect u..edo inda alavku respect kudthangalae sandosha padu...anyway good writing keep blogging..

Vithya said...

hehe..pavam andha skool pasanga

ennada ivan..edho solran..sari pona pogudunu nanri iyya nu sollitange :P